Register to Vote
Click here to download a Texas Voter Registration form. Completed forms must be printed, signed and mailed.
You can also pick up your registration card at these location:
- All college coordinator offices
- Student Center Information Desk
- Fondren Library
- Rice Welcome Center (Sewall Hall)
You may register to vote if:
- Are at least 17 years and 10 months of age. (To vote, you must be 18 years of age.)
- A U.S. citizen
- Have not been declared mentally incapacitated without the right to vote by a final court judgment
- Are not a convicted felon (or have satisfied the court's requirements after a felony conviction or received a pardon).
If you are an undergraduate student, you can vote on campus by using your on-campus address on your registration. Rice has its own polling location in the Rice Student Center.
Register to vote in your home city or state:
For more information on voting registration in all 50 states visit canivote.org.
Harris County Voting Information
Important Voting Dates for the Nov. 5, 2019, Uniform Election
|Important Voting Days||Date(s)|
|Last Day to Register to Vote||Monday, Oct. 7, 2019|
|Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
(Received, not Postmarked)
|Friday, Oct. 25, 2019|
|Election Day||Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019|
Rice University's Election Precinct
- Houston City Council – District C
- Harris County Election – Precinct 361
- Texas State House of Representatives – District 134
- Texas State Senate – District 13
- United States Congress – District 2
Information on Candidates and Election Issues
- League of Women Voters of the Houston Area
- League of Women Voters (National Organization)
- Houston Chronicle Politics and Election News
- Texas Secretary of State Elections Division
Official Student Political Organizations at Rice
Poll workers needed.
Rice students are needed to run the university's on-campus voting precinct. Training is required, and poll workers receive pay. To be eligible for appointment as a poll worker or election clerk, a person must be a U.S citizen and a qualified Harris County voter, and available on election day between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.. If you are interested, please contact the Rice Vote Coalition at email@example.com
Brought to you by the RICE VOTE COALITION.